Rules & Regulations
Students are expected to adhere to a standard of behavior that is appropriate and conducive to the furtherance of the academic standards and professional goals that National Juris University (NJU) has established for its programs.
NJU administration may, at its discretion, dismiss a student from the University due to behavior it considers inappropriate. However, no student shall be dismissed due to inappropriate conduct unless:
The school’s president, dean and education director unanimously agree that the student should be dismissed for inappropriate conduct.
- The student has had an opportunity to be heard on the issue of his or her expulsion (which may be satisfied by an exchange of emails) before an adjudication is made as to his or her dismissal.
Grading will be on a standard scale of A, B, C, D, F, including + and - grades.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
An applicant rejected by the school is entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
A student may cancel an enrollment agreement if the student submits a written notice of cancellation within 5 days (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and state and federal holidays) after class begins. The school shall provide a refund of 100% of all student fees and tuition paid for the student.
Refund after the commencement of classes:
Procedure for withdrawal/withdrawal date:
- A student choosing to withdraw from the school after the commencement of classes is to provide written notice to the Director of the school. The notice is to indicate the expected last date of attendance and be signed and dated by the student.
- For a student who is on authorized Leave of Absence, the withdrawal date is the date the student was scheduled to return from the Leave and failed to do so.
- All refunds will be issued within 30 days of the determination of the withdrawal date.
- Before the beginning of classes, the student is entitled to a refund of 100%
of the tuition.
Five days after commencement of classes, the tuition refund (less a
resource fee of $95 and LexisNexis account fee of $100) amount shall be
determined as follows:
|If student withdraws...
- During 1st week of course
- During 2nd week of course
- During 3rd week of course
- During 4th week of course
- During 5th week of course
- During 6th week of course
- During 7th week of course
- During 8th week of course
- During 9th week of course
- From 10th week of course onwards
After the five-day cancellation period has elapsed, if a student withdraws from the program by notifying NPC by e-mail or in writing, the student will only be responsible for payment of tuition for courses that he/she has already taken, at the rate of $975 per course, in addition to the non-refundable resource fee of $95 and LexisNexis account fee of $100. If a student withdraws partway through a course, the student will be responsible for tuition as per the above chart.
A student has been enrolled in two courses for their entire duration and elects to withdraw from the program during the 4th week of his or her third twelve-week course. The student will only be responsible for payment of the following:
- Tuition for 2 courses at $975 each
- Tuition for 1 course at $975 x 3/12
- LexisNexis account fee
- Student's total financial responsibility
Any money that NJU has collected from the student in the above example in excess of $2,389 will be refunded to the student.
will be issued within 30 days of the date of student notification, or date of school determination (withdrawn due to absences or other criteria as specified in the school catalog), or in the case of a student not returning from an authorized Leave of Absence (LOA), within 30 days of the date the student was scheduled to return from the LOA and did not return.
Use of NJU Materials
The student agrees that he/she will not at any time, during or after the completion of this program, make copies of materials contained on the National Juris University website or downloaded by the student for any purposes other than the student's private use for study and learning purposes. The student acknowledges that all material created by NJU is copyright protected.
Professional Ethics & Integrity
All information provided by the student to National Juris University must be accurate and complete as possible. A student may not permit another individual use of his/her login and password. The student agrees that all exams and quizzes taken by the student will be pursuant to the terms and conditions promulgated by NJU, whether written or oral. No student may benefit from information provided by another individual when taking an exam or quiz.
Although placement assistance service is provided, the school cannot guarantee a job to any student or graduate.